Powered By Blogger

Saturday, June 6, 2015

Midnight Sonata

And if you’re still breathing after all this pain and the stars have yet
not fade, you’re the lucky one dear because for ages now
my days have been gray.

Long days, meaningless nights.
The tides come and go, come and go.
Mostly, they just go, leave me standing on a starless beach alone,
gazing into gunmetal seas searching for the glint and glimmer of hope.

Some things hurt,
and tonight I am picking shrapnel out of my flesh
from your words and dropping pieces into this fish tank,
watching them through glass do that silly dance object do when flirting with water.
Thinking, this time, this time, you won’t sink me.
I don’t know what you were aiming for, but you missed. 


We were ellipses in a draft of masterpiece we were never able to finish.

No comments:

Post a Comment