Powered By Blogger

Monday, December 30, 2013

Time

Time: a matter of seconds, minutes, hours, days, weeks, months and years... We tend to look at time as something irrelevant rather than unique. It seeks its way to always retell what we could’ve been. It reminds us of our past, deepest secrets and fears. Time, doesn’t wait for no one and tends to always pass by quick. We are so cut up in the moment to actually realize that the best is yet to come. Have you ever wondered how life will turn out to be?

Eccentric, outrageous, wild, unwise… That’s what teenagers have made society believe. Obscured souls trying to find a path. A light in the middle of the darkness and a voice that welcomes them into the glory high up in the skies.  I guess I’ve always been different. Even misunderstood; I shall say! I’ve been the intellectual one and quite awkward around my friends. Maybe it’s the way we interpret things in life or just how we imagine they should be. Up to this point I still don’t know how we haven’t given up yet. How dreams still have meanings and how we hope everything soon will be “okay”.

Society has put too much pressure on people. Sooner or later we recognize that we are just a victim of our own minds. Time again seems to pass by slow but you don’t hear any complains.  We are living a beautiful chaos full of drama, desperation and hate. Hate of what we have become. Hate of the end of a childhood and memories that we shall cherish till the very last second of breath. Hate of the world we live in, where no one seems to understand what hides inside our heads. Desperation flows in our veins. We are in urgent need to find the answer to those questions that keep us up at night. But just in case somebody asks “I just want to sleep” appears to be the perfect excuse to don’t talk.

It’s fascinating how things have changed over time! Almost as if there is a war between remembering and forgetting. I ask myself, why is it so hard. I mean, why don’t people understand that there's so much more to life, that it just simply takes time! 

I had an old friend that used to be tired very often. I remember how we used to talk and tell me all sorts of awful and dreadful things. How life has always been unfair and how he has given up on his dreams. One day he really surprised me! He just left without even saying goodbye. I guess he was really tired and wanted to sleep for a while. But even if we no longer talk, I know he’s good now. I know he’s somewhere smiling back at me when he reads this few lines I’ve wrote about him. I also know he doesn’t live that far; after all we are under the same sky. Life can show no mercy, it can tear your soul apart, it can make you feel like you’ve gone crazy, but you’re not. So no matter what the outcome is, never ever give up.

Without those moments in life when nothing goes right, and everything seems to be against you, the brief, yet vibrant instances of true happiness and satisfaction that everyone experiences at least sometimes, would mean nothing. It’s not how much you take, is how much it’s given; and we give the best that we got because time is momentarily and very few things in life last forever. You treasure every opportunity it’s given. We learn from our mistakes, from our flaws and imperfections. We learn from others and their typical human nature. We are one voice. We are united. We are who we are. We are our own saviors. We are unique and on occasions very hard to understand. The mind is a powerful weapon and we should learn how to use it wisely.

All of a sudden, everything felt calm and a harmony of peaceful melodies ran through my heart. I was in a land of my own admiring the view and watching people laugh. The simple joy of loving. The warm feeling of a smile. I’ve never felt so pleasant in my life. But I know it won’t matter after all, I can’t change the world on my own. We think about tomorrow then it slips away, we talk about forever but we’ve only got today. Life is short, to leave important words unsaid but, I’m just the struggling writer with too much to say.

No comments:

Post a Comment